Recent MLN Posts
- An interview with Dan Wilson August 17, 2017
- Recent Acquisitions August 11, 2017
- Welcome from the Director August 9, 2017
- Lunchtime Yoga in the Library July 31, 2017
- Library Conference Room Available for Self-reservations July 28, 2017
- New Exhibit: Surviving and Thriving July 6, 2017
- F1000 Workspace: A New Way Manage Literature References June 13, 2017
- The Summer of Classes & Ice Cream June 8, 2017
- AccessSurgery Not Being Renewed June 5, 2017
- CMHSL: A New Live Performance Venue May 24, 2017
- MECA – A New Manuscript Exchange initiativeA new initiative has been launched to define best practices for simplifying transfer of submitted manuscripts across publishers and systems. The post MECA – A New Manuscript Exchange initiative appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Revisiting: Is Access to the Research Paper the Same Thing as Access to the Research “Results”?Is access to the research paper really the same thing as access to the research results themselves? What about patents on publicly funded research? Revisiting a 2013 post to re-examine these questions. The post Revisiting: Is Access to the Research Paper the Same Thing as Access to the Research “Results”? appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Trust Falls — Are We In a New Phase of Corporate Research?Conflicts of interest and corporate-funded research have expanded, with journals increasingly used by mega-corporations to advance their initiatives. What will this mean for scholarly publishing? The post Trust Falls — Are We In a New Phase of Corporate Research? appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- MECA – A New Manuscript Exchange initiative
Author Archives: Dan Wilson
Thanks to a partnership with the School of Nursing’s Compassionate Care Initiative, four free yoga sessions will be offered in the library in August. The sessions are from noon to 12:45 on August 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd. A limited … Continue reading
The Detmer Conference Room in the after-hours space of the Health Sciences Library is now available for self-reservations, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Reservations are limited to 3 hours per day. For more information, please contact our … Continue reading
Beginning this fall, the Health Sciences Library will add live performance venue to its list of services and resources. Scheduled throughout the year will be lunchtime performances provided by your fellow UVA students, staff, and faculty. It’s all in the … Continue reading
Unpaywall is a browser extension to legally access free articles. Available for Chrome and Firefox, Unpaywall searches thousands of open-access repositories worldwide, including PubMed Central, the DOAJ, Crossref, DataCite, Google Scholar, and BASE.
The Detmer Room in the after hours space of the library has become a popular meeting place for our Health System patrons. To meet the needs of patrons who wish to project something when using the room, we recently purchased … Continue reading
On January 18, 2017, the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library was saddened to learn about the death of Morton “M.C.” Wilhelm. Dr. Wilhelm was a professor emeritus at the University of Virginia and was renowned for his contributions to the … Continue reading
When some people speak, everyone listens. When they need commitment to projects, others jump on board. These are the lucky few with “presence”—that subtle magnetic field that signals authority and authenticity. Wouldn’t it be great if doors opened as effortlessly … Continue reading
The MILL In January, we will be unveiling the MILL on the first floor of the Health Sciences Library. The MILL is an acronym for Multipurpose Innovative Learning Lab. It will feature our Presentation Studio (green screen, professional lighting/camera), a … Continue reading
Vital Signs explores the most important issues – healthier people, better quality care, affordable care, and engaged individuals and communities – and specifies a streamlined set of 15 core measures. These measures, if standardized and applied at national, state, local, … Continue reading