Recent MLN Posts
- Guided Meditation @ CMHSL September 15, 2017
- UVA Libraries Digital Collecting Project September 11, 2017
- Data, Analysis, Visualization, and Computing Workshops! August 31, 2017
- New Exhibit: From DNA to Beer August 23, 2017
- An interview with Dan Wilson August 17, 2017
- Recent Acquisitions August 11, 2017
- Welcome from the Director August 9, 2017
- Lunchtime Yoga in the Library July 31, 2017
- Library Conference Room Available for Self-reservations July 28, 2017
- New Exhibit: Surviving and Thriving July 6, 2017
- Science, Publishing and Government Bills: Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR)Scholarly publishers are already doing to make government funded research as free as possible as soon as it is published. Why do we need a law to enact what is already taking shape? Robert Harington suggests it comes down to politics. The post Science, Publishing and Government Bills: Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR) appeared first
- Publishing the 23andMe Way, Part One: Building the DatabaseThe genetics testing copany 23andme presents an interesting example of a new kind of data publishing. The post Publishing the 23andMe Way, Part One: Building the Database appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Guest Post — When Metrics and Politics Collide: Reflections on Peer Review, the JIF and Our Current Political MomentSara Rouhi from Altmetric reflects on the biases of the "research industrial complex”. The post Guest Post — When Metrics and Politics Collide: Reflections on Peer Review, the JIF and Our Current Political Moment appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Science, Publishing and Government Bills: Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR)
Author Archives: Dan Wilson
The Library is pleased to announce its newly-designated lactation space. This is a private, lockable room in the Cabell Room and is available during regular library hours. Those wishing to use the room should show their Health System ID at the Service … Continue reading
To meet the needs of our patrons with a busy schedule, we have installed two quick access iPad kiosks in the lobby. The iPads can be used to check email, Facebook, or to look up a website.
We added more booths to the lobby, as this area has become a popular space for patrons to study and collaborate. Two mobile whiteboards are also available.
Briar, the Faery Librarian, was the featured guest for the 1st birthday celebration of the Patient & Family Library (PFL). Lydia Witman, PFL manager, was pleased with the response to Briar, saying, “I was pleasantly surprised by how much the … Continue reading
Click on the image above to see current issues of core medical journals. For additional journals, navigate through the subjects listed in the left column or search by title.
Best wishes to everyone for 2016! I like to say (frequently) that this Library is a “forward looking” library. That is not to say that what we have done in the past or what we are currently doing is wrong … Continue reading
Citation managers (aka bibliographic managers, reference managers, or citation software) are tools that can help you more efficiently navigate the twists and turns of the research trail, whether that journey involves writing a term paper, putting together an article aimed … Continue reading
One of first projects that we filmed in the Health Sciences Library’s new Presentation Studio is this video highlighting the Spencer B. Gay Radiology International Education Program, which is designed for second to fourth year residents interested in global health initiatives. The video is … Continue reading