Recent MLN Posts
- More Medical Journal Podcasts November 22, 2017
- An Interview with David Martin November 20, 2017
- Data Services at the Health Sciences Library November 20, 2017
- An interview with Dr. Marieke Jones November 14, 2017
- A Guide to Studying in the Library November 13, 2017
- Selected eBooks of Interest November 6, 2017
- Equipment Lending Service Changes November 2, 2017
- New Artifacts on Display October 13, 2017
- Guided Meditation @ CMHSL September 15, 2017
- UVA Libraries Digital Collecting Project September 11, 2017
- Happy ThanksgivingHappy Thanksgiving from The Scholarly Kitchen (and Big Star). The post Happy Thanksgiving appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Chefs’ Selections: The Best Books Read During 2017 Part 2The beginning of the holiday season means it's time for our annual list of our favorite books read during the year. Today brings Part 2 of the list. The post Chefs’ Selections: The Best Books Read During 2017 Part 2 appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Chefs’ Selections: The Best Books Read During 2017 Part 1The beginning of the holiday season means it's time for our annual list of our favorite books read during the year. Part 1 today, Part 2 tomorrow. The post Chefs’ Selections: The Best Books Read During 2017 Part 1 appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Happy Thanksgiving
Author Archives: Dan Wilson
When some people speak, everyone listens. When they need commitment to projects, others jump on board. These are the lucky few with “presence”—that subtle magnetic field that signals authority and authenticity. Wouldn’t it be great if doors opened as effortlessly … Continue reading
The MILL In January, we will be unveiling the MILL on the first floor of the Health Sciences Library. The MILL is an acronym for Multipurpose Innovative Learning Lab. It will feature our Presentation Studio (green screen, professional lighting/camera), a … Continue reading
Vital Signs explores the most important issues – healthier people, better quality care, affordable care, and engaged individuals and communities – and specifies a streamlined set of 15 core measures. These measures, if standardized and applied at national, state, local, … Continue reading
The Library is pleased to announce its newly-designated lactation space. This is a private, lockable room in the Cabell Room and is available during regular library hours. Those wishing to use the room should show their Health System ID at the Service … Continue reading
To meet the needs of our patrons with a busy schedule, we have installed two quick access iPad kiosks in the lobby. The iPads can be used to check email, Facebook, or to look up a website.
We added more booths to the lobby, as this area has become a popular space for patrons to study and collaborate. Two mobile whiteboards are also available.
Briar, the Faery Librarian, was the featured guest for the 1st birthday celebration of the Patient & Family Library (PFL). Lydia Witman, PFL manager, was pleased with the response to Briar, saying, “I was pleasantly surprised by how much the … Continue reading
Click on the image above to see current issues of core medical journals. For additional journals, navigate through the subjects listed in the left column or search by title.