Recent MLN Posts
- Alzheimer’s Disease Film Available Now January 18, 2017
- Tilt Brush demo on Thursday, 1/19! January 17, 2017
- Fantastic Funding & where to find it January 3, 2017
- New E-Books from Safari December 29, 2016
- CMHSL: A New Look for 2017 December 28, 2016
- New E-Books December 27, 2016
- Health Sciences Library Outreach Librarian Ann Duesing Retires December 7, 2016
- Recently Published E-Books November 29, 2016
- Join us for Jolly Digital Holidays! November 21, 2016
- UVA BioConnector Gets More Collaborative November 21, 2016
- Machine Learning ExplainedA short video from the University of Oxford explains the concept of machine learning. The post Machine Learning Explained appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Journals and Politicians — A Marriage for Mutual Benefit? Or a Temporary Alignment of Interests?President Obama has published three articles in six months in three of the world's most prestigious scholarly journals. Is it appropriate? With these precedents, what happens when the politics of the President conflicts with the politics of science? The post Journals and Politicians — A Marriage for Mutual Benefit? Or a Temporary Alignment of Interests?
- Welcome to the New Scholarly KitchenWelcome to our new website. Let us know what you think. The post Welcome to the New Scholarly Kitchen appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Machine Learning Explained
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The FDA is proposing to update the Nutrition Facts label found on most food packages in the United States. The Nutrition Facts label, introduced 20 years ago, helps consumers make informed food choices and maintain healthy dietary practices. If adopted, … Continue reading
Listed below are recent additions to the Library’s growing collection of electronic books. Click on the linked title to browse a table of contents or read the full-text. Additional online books and journals can be found in VIRGO, the University’s online catalog. … Continue reading
Time is a valuable commodity to all of us. Therefore, we are adopting a new consultation-based service model for in-depth reference assistance and training. This model will ensure that you will always get the best-qualified person to assist you with … Continue reading
Separated from your iPhone 5 charger? We can help. An iPhone 5 charger is now available for checkout at the Service Desk. You asked for it, and we got it.
On August 1, access to the Joanna Briggs Institute Evidence Based Practice (JBI EBP) database became available. The Australia-based Joanna Briggs Institute is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading providers of evidence–based information and tools to help healthcare … Continue reading
These electronic books were recently added to our collection. Click on the linked title to browse a table of contents or read the full-text. A Guide to Neonatal and Pediatric ECGs Autism and the Brain Cancer Grading Manual Caregiving for … Continue reading
The nine specialty Archives Journals in The JAMA Network will change their names effective January 1, 2013, part of the ongoing evolution to more closely interconnect the scientific journals published by the American Medical Association. The journals will be renamed … Continue reading
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a leading publisher in the field of pediatrics. With titles covering all areas of health care for children, AAP publications are among the most respected and frequently referenced in the world. Throughout the … Continue reading
Adrienne Granitz retires today after six years of service as the manager of the Library’s Service Desk. Adrienne’s library career included librarian at 4 elementary schools in Western Pennsylvania, at Piedmont Virginia Community College (PVCC), and the Roger Milliken Textile … Continue reading