Recent MLN Posts
- Anatomical Theatre Web Exhibit March 10, 2017
- Meet the Author of “Flatlining: How Healthcare Could Kill the U.S. Economy” March 8, 2017
- Projection Now Available in Detmer Room March 7, 2017
- Cancer: The Road Ahead February 14, 2017
- #ColorOurCollections February 8, 2017
- New Exhibit: Frankenstein and the Secrets of Nature February 3, 2017
- Remembering Dr. M.C. Wilhelm January 31, 2017
- HIT Fair Fun Next Week January 26, 2017
- Medical Journal Podcasts January 25, 2017
- Alzheimer’s Disease Film Available Now January 18, 2017
- Ebooks, Innovation, and the Rebel WithinIn every publishing organization you need a rebel. Robert Harington talks with Peter Krautzberger, project lead for MathJax and rebel, about his views on Web publishing, ebooks and mathematics. The post Ebooks, Innovation, and the Rebel Within appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Living with an AI: A Glimpse Into The FutureArtificial intelligence is now a commodity appliance. What are the implications for Scholarly Publishing? The post Living with an AI: A Glimpse Into The Future appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Platforms, Networks, and Information LiteracyIn the kind of digital community envisioned by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, information literacy skills ought not to be treated as an afterthought. The post Platforms, Networks, and Information Literacy appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Ebooks, Innovation, and the Rebel Within
Category Archives: Library Events
The Health Sciences Library Hosts Activities Feb 1st, 9am – 1:30pm Drop by the Health Sciences Library anytime between 9am – 1:30pm, grab some refreshments and discover the following: Put on the gear and try out the library’s virtual reality … Continue reading
Data experts from around the Health System were featured at November’s First Thursdays @ CMHSL. Check out the BioConnector page for links to UVa resources, training, and experts to support your biomedical data and informatics needs.
Workshops Join us for these free workshops on informatics and computing topics. Registration is required: visit bioconnector.virginia.edu for detailed descriptions and to sign up. 9/22 – Introduction to SPSS 9/21 – 9/23 – Data Analysis, Manipulation, and Visualization with R … Continue reading
On March 25, 2014, the University of Virginia will host “Medicine’s Michelangelo: The Life and Art of Frank H. Netter, M.D.”, a presentation by Francine Mary Netter. The artwork of Frank H. Netter has been featured in countless medical publications … Continue reading
Over 100 participants attended last Friday’s Research Data and Technology Fair, made possible by the support of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM)/Southeastern Atlantic Region and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library. The morning keynote speaker was Atul … Continue reading
Bring your lunch and join colleagues from around the Health System for informal app-discovery sessions. This drop-in meeting is a great opportunity to learn about helpful apps for tablets and smartphones, and to share things you have found to be … Continue reading
The Health Sciences Library is excited to undergo a major re-design of our web page in 2012. In order to better understand how easy –or not easy– our page is to use, we are planning to perform a number of … Continue reading
Bring in your laptop, tablet, or smartphone on January 10th or 12th and we’ll get your connected to the University’s wireless network. Continue reading
Do you love the Medical Center Hour but can’t find the time to attend? Now you can watch it at your convenience on YouTube Continue reading
Join us for May’s First Thursdays in the Library talk! Dr. Pearl Yu will discuss Sleep, Sleep Deprivation, and Effects on Performance. Continue reading