Recent MLN Posts
- Alzheimer’s Disease Film Available Now January 18, 2017
- Tilt Brush demo on Thursday, 1/19! January 17, 2017
- Fantastic Funding & where to find it January 3, 2017
- New E-Books from Safari December 29, 2016
- CMHSL: A New Look for 2017 December 28, 2016
- New E-Books December 27, 2016
- Health Sciences Library Outreach Librarian Ann Duesing Retires December 7, 2016
- Recently Published E-Books November 29, 2016
- Join us for Jolly Digital Holidays! November 21, 2016
- UVA BioConnector Gets More Collaborative November 21, 2016
- Machine Learning ExplainedA short video from the University of Oxford explains the concept of machine learning. The post Machine Learning Explained appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Journals and Politicians — A Marriage for Mutual Benefit? Or a Temporary Alignment of Interests?President Obama has published three articles in six months in three of the world's most prestigious scholarly journals. Is it appropriate? With these precedents, what happens when the politics of the President conflicts with the politics of science? The post Journals and Politicians — A Marriage for Mutual Benefit? Or a Temporary Alignment of Interests?
- Welcome to the New Scholarly KitchenWelcome to our new website. Let us know what you think. The post Welcome to the New Scholarly Kitchen appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Machine Learning Explained
Category Archives: Library Events
Data experts from around the Health System were featured at November’s First Thursdays @ CMHSL. Check out the BioConnector page for links to UVa resources, training, and experts to support your biomedical data and informatics needs.
Workshops Join us for these free workshops on informatics and computing topics. Registration is required: visit bioconnector.virginia.edu for detailed descriptions and to sign up. 9/22 – Introduction to SPSS 9/21 – 9/23 – Data Analysis, Manipulation, and Visualization with R … Continue reading
On March 25, 2014, the University of Virginia will host “Medicine’s Michelangelo: The Life and Art of Frank H. Netter, M.D.”, a presentation by Francine Mary Netter. The artwork of Frank H. Netter has been featured in countless medical publications … Continue reading
Over 100 participants attended last Friday’s Research Data and Technology Fair, made possible by the support of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM)/Southeastern Atlantic Region and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library. The morning keynote speaker was Atul … Continue reading
Bring your lunch and join colleagues from around the Health System for informal app-discovery sessions. This drop-in meeting is a great opportunity to learn about helpful apps for tablets and smartphones, and to share things you have found to be … Continue reading
The Health Sciences Library is excited to undergo a major re-design of our web page in 2012. In order to better understand how easy –or not easy– our page is to use, we are planning to perform a number of … Continue reading
Bring in your laptop, tablet, or smartphone on January 10th or 12th and we’ll get your connected to the University’s wireless network. Continue reading
Do you love the Medical Center Hour but can’t find the time to attend? Now you can watch it at your convenience on YouTube Continue reading
Join us for May’s First Thursdays in the Library talk! Dr. Pearl Yu will discuss Sleep, Sleep Deprivation, and Effects on Performance. Continue reading