Recent MLN Posts
- Cancer: The Road Ahead February 14, 2017
- #ColorOurCollections February 8, 2017
- New Exhibit: Frankenstein and the Secrets of Nature February 3, 2017
- Remembering Dr. M.C. Wilhelm January 31, 2017
- HIT Fair Fun Next Week January 26, 2017
- Medical Journal Podcasts January 25, 2017
- Alzheimer’s Disease Film Available Now January 18, 2017
- Tilt Brush demo on Thursday, 1/19! January 17, 2017
- Fantastic Funding & where to find it January 3, 2017
- New E-Books from Safari December 29, 2016
- Ancient (1992) Piece of Science Humor DiscoveredOne from the vaults -- a well worn Xerox copy of the sort of humor scientists used to share back in the ancient days of the early 1990's. The post Ancient (1992) Piece of Science Humor Discovered appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Guest Post, Joshua Piker: Comparing Apples and Oranges, Floors and Ceilings in Digital ScholarshipOnline content v. traditional scholarly genres? Guest Joshua Piker walks us through a comparison of views and downloads, looking and reading. The post Guest Post, Joshua Piker: Comparing Apples and Oranges, Floors and Ceilings in Digital Scholarship appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Guest Post, Tony Sanfilippo: University Press Publishing Under an AutocracyOhio State University Press' Tony Sanfilippo weighs in on the role of academic publishers in the current political climate. The post Guest Post, Tony Sanfilippo: University Press Publishing Under an Autocracy appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Ancient (1992) Piece of Science Humor Discovered
Category Archives: Library Events
The Health Sciences Library Hosts Activities Feb 1st, 9am – 1:30pm Drop by the Health Sciences Library anytime between 9am – 1:30pm, grab some refreshments and discover the following: Put on the gear and try out the library’s virtual reality … Continue reading
Data experts from around the Health System were featured at November’s First Thursdays @ CMHSL. Check out the BioConnector page for links to UVa resources, training, and experts to support your biomedical data and informatics needs.
Workshops Join us for these free workshops on informatics and computing topics. Registration is required: visit bioconnector.virginia.edu for detailed descriptions and to sign up. 9/22 – Introduction to SPSS 9/21 – 9/23 – Data Analysis, Manipulation, and Visualization with R … Continue reading
On March 25, 2014, the University of Virginia will host “Medicine’s Michelangelo: The Life and Art of Frank H. Netter, M.D.”, a presentation by Francine Mary Netter. The artwork of Frank H. Netter has been featured in countless medical publications … Continue reading
Over 100 participants attended last Friday’s Research Data and Technology Fair, made possible by the support of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM)/Southeastern Atlantic Region and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library. The morning keynote speaker was Atul … Continue reading
Bring your lunch and join colleagues from around the Health System for informal app-discovery sessions. This drop-in meeting is a great opportunity to learn about helpful apps for tablets and smartphones, and to share things you have found to be … Continue reading
The Health Sciences Library is excited to undergo a major re-design of our web page in 2012. In order to better understand how easy –or not easy– our page is to use, we are planning to perform a number of … Continue reading
Bring in your laptop, tablet, or smartphone on January 10th or 12th and we’ll get your connected to the University’s wireless network. Continue reading
Do you love the Medical Center Hour but can’t find the time to attend? Now you can watch it at your convenience on YouTube Continue reading
Join us for May’s First Thursdays in the Library talk! Dr. Pearl Yu will discuss Sleep, Sleep Deprivation, and Effects on Performance. Continue reading