Recent MLN Posts
- An interview with Dan Wilson August 17, 2017
- Recent Acquisitions August 11, 2017
- Welcome from the Director August 9, 2017
- Lunchtime Yoga in the Library July 31, 2017
- Library Conference Room Available for Self-reservations July 28, 2017
- New Exhibit: Surviving and Thriving July 6, 2017
- F1000 Workspace: A New Way Manage Literature References June 13, 2017
- The Summer of Classes & Ice Cream June 8, 2017
- AccessSurgery Not Being Renewed June 5, 2017
- CMHSL: A New Live Performance Venue May 24, 2017
- Hypnotically Animated Textbook CoversFinally something important an ebook can do! The post Hypnotically Animated Textbook Covers appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- MECA – A New Manuscript Exchange initiativeA new initiative has been launched to define best practices for simplifying transfer of submitted manuscripts across publishers and systems. The post MECA – A New Manuscript Exchange initiative appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Revisiting: Is Access to the Research Paper the Same Thing as Access to the Research “Results”?Is access to the research paper really the same thing as access to the research results themselves? What about patents on publicly funded research? Revisiting a 2013 post to re-examine these questions. The post Revisiting: Is Access to the Research Paper the Same Thing as Access to the Research “Results”? appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Hypnotically Animated Textbook Covers
Category Archives: Library Events
Thanks to a partnership with the School of Nursing’s Compassionate Care Initiative, four free yoga sessions will be offered in the library in August. The sessions are from noon to 12:45 on August 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd. A limited … Continue reading
The Health Sciences Library Hosts Activities Feb 1st, 9am – 1:30pm Drop by the Health Sciences Library anytime between 9am – 1:30pm, grab some refreshments and discover the following: Put on the gear and try out the library’s virtual reality … Continue reading
Data experts from around the Health System were featured at November’s First Thursdays @ CMHSL. Check out the BioConnector page for links to UVa resources, training, and experts to support your biomedical data and informatics needs.
Workshops Join us for these free workshops on informatics and computing topics. Registration is required: visit bioconnector.virginia.edu for detailed descriptions and to sign up. 9/22 – Introduction to SPSS 9/21 – 9/23 – Data Analysis, Manipulation, and Visualization with R … Continue reading
On March 25, 2014, the University of Virginia will host “Medicine’s Michelangelo: The Life and Art of Frank H. Netter, M.D.”, a presentation by Francine Mary Netter. The artwork of Frank H. Netter has been featured in countless medical publications … Continue reading
Over 100 participants attended last Friday’s Research Data and Technology Fair, made possible by the support of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM)/Southeastern Atlantic Region and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library. The morning keynote speaker was Atul … Continue reading
Bring your lunch and join colleagues from around the Health System for informal app-discovery sessions. This drop-in meeting is a great opportunity to learn about helpful apps for tablets and smartphones, and to share things you have found to be … Continue reading
The Health Sciences Library is excited to undergo a major re-design of our web page in 2012. In order to better understand how easy –or not easy– our page is to use, we are planning to perform a number of … Continue reading
Bring in your laptop, tablet, or smartphone on January 10th or 12th and we’ll get your connected to the University’s wireless network. Continue reading