Recent MLN Posts
- PHS @ the Library holiday closings December 12, 2017
- CMHSL unveils new Dashboard & Analytics Page! December 1, 2017
- More Medical Journal Podcasts November 22, 2017
- An Interview with David Martin November 20, 2017
- Data Services at the Health Sciences Library November 20, 2017
- An interview with Dr. Marieke Jones November 14, 2017
- A Guide to Studying in the Library November 13, 2017
- Selected eBooks of Interest November 6, 2017
- Equipment Lending Service Changes November 2, 2017
- New Artifacts on Display October 13, 2017
- All the News That Fits — What’s Really Driving Altmetric’s Top 100 Articles List?The Altmetric "flower" is an icon, and the annual Top 100 list a much-anticipated event. But is the flower really a stalk? The post All the News That Fits — What’s Really Driving Altmetric’s Top 100 Articles List? appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Tackling Diversity in Scholarly Communications – Part 2Researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America answer the question, "How do we increase diversity in scholarly communications?" The post Tackling Diversity in Scholarly Communications – Part 2 appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Guest Post: When Authors Get Caught in the Predatory (Illegitimate Publishing) NetAre we losing good articles to predatory journals, with little recourse for unsuspecting authors? Or are authors becoming increasingly complicit and symbiotic in their relationships with illegitimate publishing entities with disregard for the greater good? Maybe it's both. Today's guest post explores what can happen when an author accidentally fall
- All the News That Fits — What’s Really Driving Altmetric’s Top 100 Articles List?
Category Archives: New Service
The Detmer Conference Room in the after-hours space of the Health Sciences Library is now available for self-reservations, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Reservations are limited to 3 hours per day. For more information, please contact our … Continue reading
What Is F1000Workspace? F1000Workspace is a platform to help biology and medical researchers discover and collect literature, manage references and prepare manuscripts, grant applications, posters, talks, etc. for submission. It consists of a web-based application, a browser extension, and a powerful plugin for … Continue reading
UVA BioConnector: Data Analysis Support Hub (DASH) The newest BioConnector data support service, the Data Analysis Support Hub (DASH), provides guidance with data intensive research projects. Data are messy and simply preparing data for analysis is an increasing challenge for … Continue reading
We are thrilled with our new partnership with the library and hope our collaborative efforts address needs of our colleagues across the health system for more information about basic statistics and introductory research questions. Research is a team science and … Continue reading
The Health Sciences Library understands the value of your time. To that end, we now offer a new Document Delivery service for our UVa faculty, staff, and students. At no cost to you, PDFs of print journal articles that we … Continue reading