Recent MLN Posts
- CMHSL unveils new Dashboard & Analytics Page! December 1, 2017
- More Medical Journal Podcasts November 22, 2017
- An Interview with David Martin November 20, 2017
- Data Services at the Health Sciences Library November 20, 2017
- An interview with Dr. Marieke Jones November 14, 2017
- A Guide to Studying in the Library November 13, 2017
- Selected eBooks of Interest November 6, 2017
- Equipment Lending Service Changes November 2, 2017
- New Artifacts on Display October 13, 2017
- Guided Meditation @ CMHSL September 15, 2017
- Guest Post: When Authors Get Caught in the Predatory (Illegitimate Publishing) NetAre we losing good articles to predatory journals, with little recourse for unsuspecting authors? Or are authors becoming increasingly complicit and symbiotic in their relationships with illegitimate publishing entities with disregard for the greater good? Maybe it's both. Today's guest post explores what can happen when an author accidentally fall
- Why Independent Bookstores Work in the Age of AmazonThe independent bookstore, once thought endangered, returns from the ashes. The post Why Independent Bookstores Work in the Age of Amazon appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Enriching Book Metadata is Marketing in the Digital AgeA study of how enriching keyword metadata improved sales of 4 publishers points to changes in how we should view marketing of books online. The post Enriching Book Metadata is Marketing in the Digital Age appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Guest Post: When Authors Get Caught in the Predatory (Illegitimate Publishing) Net
Category Archives: News
Quiet Study Quiet study is available in all areas of the library past the doors on the right side of the lobby. This includes the large reading room, the two rooms with computers, and the smaller reading room. The Cabell … Continue reading
We are currently phasing out much of our equipment lending service. The equipment being phased out (i.e., not being replaced) include laptops, projectors, tablets, video cameras, tripods, and the GoPro camera. This action is necessary due to the continuing increases … Continue reading
After consultation with the Department of Surgery, the Library has decided to not renew the license for AccessSurgery online textbooks when the current agreement expires on June 30, 2017. Decreased usage and rising costs were the basis for this decision. However, some … Continue reading
Beginning this fall, the Health Sciences Library will add live performance venue to its list of services and resources. Scheduled throughout the year will be lunchtime performances provided by your fellow UVA students, staff, and faculty. It’s all in the … Continue reading
Unpaywall is a browser extension to legally access free articles. Available for Chrome and Firefox, Unpaywall searches thousands of open-access repositories worldwide, including PubMed Central, the DOAJ, Crossref, DataCite, Google Scholar, and BASE.
Members of the CMHSL Research & Data Services (RDaS) team recently hosted a “Cool Tools” event in the MR5 lobby. Research students and staff were asked about their favorite widget, app, or program, and their gift of thanks was a … Continue reading
The Health Sciences Library has renewed UVA’s license to BrowZine, a third-party tablet app designed to optimize the browsing of over 10,000 UVA scholarly journals by subject or title. The free BrowZine app is available from either the App Store … Continue reading