Recent MLN Posts
- Guided Meditation sessions begin again on 1/18 January 17, 2018
- PHS @ the Library closed on 1/15 January 11, 2018
- New E-Books for the New Year January 10, 2018
- Four eServices Computers Removed Based on Data Collection January 8, 2018
- Introducing the Theater! January 3, 2018
- Browzine: The Best Way to Keep Up With Your Professional Literature December 20, 2017
- PHS @ the Library holiday closings December 12, 2017
- CMHSL unveils new Dashboard & Analytics Page! December 1, 2017
- More Medical Journal Podcasts November 22, 2017
- An Interview with David Martin November 20, 2017
- Guest Post: SSP Mentorship and Fellowship Programs, in the eyes of Michelangelo, and the SSP President-ElectSSP President-Elect discusses opportunities for mentorship in our industry, and the great benefits offered for both mentors and mentees. The post Guest Post: SSP Mentorship and Fellowship Programs, in the eyes of Michelangelo, and the SSP President-Elect appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- A Written Language Without an AlphabetA video explaining the written system for the Inuktitut language, which uses an abugida instead of an alphabet. The post A Written Language Without an Alphabet appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Evaluating Open Access ProgramsIt often seems that it is taken for granted that open access will accelerate scientific discovery, but how would we evaluate this? Do we even know that it is true? The post Evaluating Open Access Programs appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Guest Post: SSP Mentorship and Fellowship Programs, in the eyes of Michelangelo, and the SSP President-Elect
Category Archives: News
Quiet Study Quiet study is available in all areas of the library past the doors on the right side of the lobby. This includes the large reading room, the two rooms with computers, and the smaller reading room. The Cabell … Continue reading
We are currently phasing out much of our equipment lending service. The equipment being phased out (i.e., not being replaced) include laptops, projectors, tablets, video cameras, tripods, and the GoPro camera. This action is necessary due to the continuing increases … Continue reading
After consultation with the Department of Surgery, the Library has decided to not renew the license for AccessSurgery online textbooks when the current agreement expires on June 30, 2017. Decreased usage and rising costs were the basis for this decision. However, some … Continue reading
Beginning this fall, the Health Sciences Library will add live performance venue to its list of services and resources. Scheduled throughout the year will be lunchtime performances provided by your fellow UVA students, staff, and faculty. It’s all in the … Continue reading
Unpaywall is a browser extension to legally access free articles. Available for Chrome and Firefox, Unpaywall searches thousands of open-access repositories worldwide, including PubMed Central, the DOAJ, Crossref, DataCite, Google Scholar, and BASE.
Members of the CMHSL Research & Data Services (RDaS) team recently hosted a “Cool Tools” event in the MR5 lobby. Research students and staff were asked about their favorite widget, app, or program, and their gift of thanks was a … Continue reading
The Health Sciences Library has renewed UVA’s license to BrowZine, a third-party tablet app designed to optimize the browsing of over 10,000 UVA scholarly journals by subject or title. The free BrowZine app is available from either the App Store … Continue reading