Recent MLN Posts
- New Artifacts on Display October 13, 2017
- Guided Meditation @ CMHSL September 15, 2017
- UVA Libraries Digital Collecting Project September 11, 2017
- Data, Analysis, Visualization, and Computing Workshops! August 31, 2017
- New Exhibit: From DNA to Beer August 23, 2017
- An interview with Dan Wilson August 17, 2017
- Recent Acquisitions August 11, 2017
- Welcome from the Director August 9, 2017
- Lunchtime Yoga in the Library July 31, 2017
- Library Conference Room Available for Self-reservations July 28, 2017
- Retirement Wave To Hit Academic LibrarianshipLike other greying professions, demographic data for ARL libraries warn us of a breaking wave of retirements, but may paint an unrealistic picture of what the beach will look like after the surf has settled. The post Retirement Wave To Hit Academic Librarianship appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Transforming Research, in the Face of Uncertainty, Scarcity, and BiasLast week's Transforming Research conference in Baltimore, MD, gathered a range of speakers across the academic and professional spectrum. Charlie Rapple highlights some of the new research that was shared, and draws out some of the prevalent themes. The post Transforming Research, in the Face of Uncertainty, Scarcity, and Bias appeared first on The Sch
- Guest Post — JATS4R: Optimizing the Reusability of Scholarly ContentCanadian Science Publishing's Mary Seligy provides a primer on standards, XML and JATS4R, which is driving improved reusability of scholarly content. The post Guest Post — JATS4R: Optimizing the Reusability of Scholarly Content appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Retirement Wave To Hit Academic Librarianship
Category Archives: News
After consultation with the Department of Surgery, the Library has decided to not renew the license for AccessSurgery online textbooks when the current agreement expires on June 30, 2017. Decreased usage and rising costs were the basis for this decision. However, some … Continue reading
Beginning this fall, the Health Sciences Library will add live performance venue to its list of services and resources. Scheduled throughout the year will be lunchtime performances provided by your fellow UVA students, staff, and faculty. It’s all in the … Continue reading
Unpaywall is a browser extension to legally access free articles. Available for Chrome and Firefox, Unpaywall searches thousands of open-access repositories worldwide, including PubMed Central, the DOAJ, Crossref, DataCite, Google Scholar, and BASE.
Members of the CMHSL Research & Data Services (RDaS) team recently hosted a “Cool Tools” event in the MR5 lobby. Research students and staff were asked about their favorite widget, app, or program, and their gift of thanks was a … Continue reading
The Health Sciences Library has renewed UVA’s license to BrowZine, a third-party tablet app designed to optimize the browsing of over 10,000 UVA scholarly journals by subject or title. The free BrowZine app is available from either the App Store … Continue reading
The May/June faculty performance evaluations are coming up! As part of this process, UVa Health System faculty will want to provide the following details about their published articles: · The number of times they have been cited · The impact … Continue reading