Recent MLN Posts
- F1000 Workspace: A New Way Manage Literature References June 13, 2017
- The Summer of Classes & Ice Cream June 8, 2017
- AccessSurgery Not Being Renewed June 5, 2017
- CMHSL: A New Live Performance Venue May 24, 2017
- New Browser Extension to Access Free Articles April 12, 2017
- Transplant Interest Group, others, to sponsor organ donation events April 11, 2017
- The Four Colleges of the UVA School of Medicine April 7, 2017
- Publishing Workshop on April 10th March 28, 2017
- Anatomical Theatre Web Exhibit March 10, 2017
- Meet the Author of “Flatlining: How Healthcare Could Kill the U.S. Economy” March 8, 2017
- I’m Pretty Sure I Remember That — False MemoriesDo you remember when Darth Vader said, "Luke, I am your father"? Are you sure about that? The post I’m Pretty Sure I Remember That — False Memories appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Does Journal Suppression Reduce Self-Citation?Journal suppression is an effective tool for reducing high rates of self-citation, even years after a title is reintroduced. The post Does Journal Suppression Reduce Self-Citation? appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Revisiting an Interview with Paula Stephan — Economics, Science, and Doing BetterRevisiting Kent Anderson's 2012 interview with the author of "How Economics Shape Science". The post Revisiting an Interview with Paula Stephan — Economics, Science, and Doing Better appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- I’m Pretty Sure I Remember That — False Memories
Category Archives: News
After consultation with the Department of Surgery, the Library has decided to not renew the license for AccessSurgery online textbooks when the current agreement expires on June 30, 2017. Decreased usage and rising costs were the basis for this decision. However, some … Continue reading
Beginning this fall, the Health Sciences Library will add live performance venue to its list of services and resources. Scheduled throughout the year will be lunchtime performances provided by your fellow UVA students, staff, and faculty. It’s all in the … Continue reading
Unpaywall is a browser extension to legally access free articles. Available for Chrome and Firefox, Unpaywall searches thousands of open-access repositories worldwide, including PubMed Central, the DOAJ, Crossref, DataCite, Google Scholar, and BASE.
Members of the CMHSL Research & Data Services (RDaS) team recently hosted a “Cool Tools” event in the MR5 lobby. Research students and staff were asked about their favorite widget, app, or program, and their gift of thanks was a … Continue reading
The Health Sciences Library has renewed UVA’s license to BrowZine, a third-party tablet app designed to optimize the browsing of over 10,000 UVA scholarly journals by subject or title. The free BrowZine app is available from either the App Store … Continue reading
The May/June faculty performance evaluations are coming up! As part of this process, UVa Health System faculty will want to provide the following details about their published articles: · The number of times they have been cited · The impact … Continue reading