Recent MLN Posts
- An interview with Dan Wilson August 17, 2017
- Recent Acquisitions August 11, 2017
- Welcome from the Director August 9, 2017
- Lunchtime Yoga in the Library July 31, 2017
- Library Conference Room Available for Self-reservations July 28, 2017
- New Exhibit: Surviving and Thriving July 6, 2017
- F1000 Workspace: A New Way Manage Literature References June 13, 2017
- The Summer of Classes & Ice Cream June 8, 2017
- AccessSurgery Not Being Renewed June 5, 2017
- CMHSL: A New Live Performance Venue May 24, 2017
- MECA – A New Manuscript Exchange initiativeA new initiative has been launched to define best practices for simplifying transfer of submitted manuscripts across publishers and systems. The post MECA – A New Manuscript Exchange initiative appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Revisiting: Is Access to the Research Paper the Same Thing as Access to the Research “Results”?Is access to the research paper really the same thing as access to the research results themselves? What about patents on publicly funded research? Revisiting a 2013 post to re-examine these questions. The post Revisiting: Is Access to the Research Paper the Same Thing as Access to the Research “Results”? appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Trust Falls — Are We In a New Phase of Corporate Research?Conflicts of interest and corporate-funded research have expanded, with journals increasingly used by mega-corporations to advance their initiatives. What will this mean for scholarly publishing? The post Trust Falls — Are We In a New Phase of Corporate Research? appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- MECA – A New Manuscript Exchange initiative
Category Archives: Online Resources
What Is F1000Workspace? F1000Workspace is a platform to help biology and medical researchers discover and collect literature, manage references and prepare manuscripts, grant applications, posters, talks, etc. for submission. It consists of a web-based application, a browser extension, and a powerful plugin for … Continue reading
You’re Looking At Me Like I Live Here And I Don’t is the first documentary to be filmed entirely in an Alzheimer’s care unit, and also the first told entirely from the perspective of a woman living with Alzheimer’s disease. … Continue reading
The newly published books listed below have been added to the Library’s collection of electronic books. Click on any linked title to browse a table of contents or to read the full-text. A more comprehensive list of health sciences e-books available can be … Continue reading
NEJM Resident 360, a new website and discussion platform from the New England Journal of Medicine, gives residents the information, resources, and support they need to approach each rotation with confidence. Rotation Prep helps residents solidify their foundational medical knowledge … Continue reading
The newly published books listed below have recently been added to the Library’s collection of electronic books. Click on any linked title to browse a table of contents or to read the full-text. A more comprehensive list of health sciences e-books available can … Continue reading
Certain Library resources, such as our databases, provide applications for use on mobile devices. This page provides information about apps available to UVa faculty, staff, and students. As these apps are included in our subscriptions, they are free to our … Continue reading
The Health Sciences Library has renewed UVA’s license to BrowZine, a third-party tablet app designed to optimize the browsing of over 10,000 UVA scholarly journals by subject or title. The free BrowZine app is available from either the App Store … Continue reading
The Scopus trial is now over. Please send your feedback to Jonathan Lord, Collection Development Manager, at email@example.com.