Recent MLN Posts
- Guided Meditation sessions begin again on 1/18 January 17, 2018
- PHS @ the Library closed on 1/15 January 11, 2018
- New E-Books for the New Year January 10, 2018
- Four eServices Computers Removed Based on Data Collection January 8, 2018
- Introducing the Theater! January 3, 2018
- Browzine: The Best Way to Keep Up With Your Professional Literature December 20, 2017
- PHS @ the Library holiday closings December 12, 2017
- CMHSL unveils new Dashboard & Analytics Page! December 1, 2017
- More Medical Journal Podcasts November 22, 2017
- An Interview with David Martin November 20, 2017
- Guest Post: SSP Mentorship and Fellowship Programs, in the eyes of Michelangelo, and the SSP President-ElectSSP President-Elect discusses opportunities for mentorship in our industry, and the great benefits offered for both mentors and mentees. The post Guest Post: SSP Mentorship and Fellowship Programs, in the eyes of Michelangelo, and the SSP President-Elect appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- A Written Language Without an AlphabetA video explaining the written system for the Inuktitut language, which uses an abugida instead of an alphabet. The post A Written Language Without an Alphabet appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Evaluating Open Access ProgramsIt often seems that it is taken for granted that open access will accelerate scientific discovery, but how would we evaluate this? Do we even know that it is true? The post Evaluating Open Access Programs appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Guest Post: SSP Mentorship and Fellowship Programs, in the eyes of Michelangelo, and the SSP President-Elect
Category Archives: Online Resources
Traveling for the holidays? Looking for something to fill the long hours in transit? Check out the free podcast services offered by many of our online journal subscriptions. These podcasts provide a rich variety of audio content including author interviews, … Continue reading
What Is F1000Workspace? F1000Workspace is a platform to help biology and medical researchers discover and collect literature, manage references and prepare manuscripts, grant applications, posters, talks, etc. for submission. It consists of a web-based application, a browser extension, and a powerful plugin for … Continue reading
You’re Looking At Me Like I Live Here And I Don’t is the first documentary to be filmed entirely in an Alzheimer’s care unit, and also the first told entirely from the perspective of a woman living with Alzheimer’s disease. … Continue reading
The newly published books listed below have been added to the Library’s collection of electronic books. Click on any linked title to browse a table of contents or to read the full-text. A more comprehensive list of health sciences e-books available can be … Continue reading
NEJM Resident 360, a new website and discussion platform from the New England Journal of Medicine, gives residents the information, resources, and support they need to approach each rotation with confidence. Rotation Prep helps residents solidify their foundational medical knowledge … Continue reading
The newly published books listed below have recently been added to the Library’s collection of electronic books. Click on any linked title to browse a table of contents or to read the full-text. A more comprehensive list of health sciences e-books available can … Continue reading
Certain Library resources, such as our databases, provide applications for use on mobile devices. This page provides information about apps available to UVa faculty, staff, and students. As these apps are included in our subscriptions, they are free to our … Continue reading
The Health Sciences Library has renewed UVA’s license to BrowZine, a third-party tablet app designed to optimize the browsing of over 10,000 UVA scholarly journals by subject or title. The free BrowZine app is available from either the App Store … Continue reading