Recent MLN Posts
- F1000 Workspace: A New Way Manage Literature References June 13, 2017
- The Summer of Classes & Ice Cream June 8, 2017
- AccessSurgery Not Being Renewed June 5, 2017
- CMHSL: A New Live Performance Venue May 24, 2017
- New Browser Extension to Access Free Articles April 12, 2017
- Transplant Interest Group, others, to sponsor organ donation events April 11, 2017
- The Four Colleges of the UVA School of Medicine April 7, 2017
- Publishing Workshop on April 10th March 28, 2017
- Anatomical Theatre Web Exhibit March 10, 2017
- Meet the Author of “Flatlining: How Healthcare Could Kill the U.S. Economy” March 8, 2017
- I’m Pretty Sure I Remember That — False MemoriesDo you remember when Darth Vader said, "Luke, I am your father"? Are you sure about that? The post I’m Pretty Sure I Remember That — False Memories appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Does Journal Suppression Reduce Self-Citation?Journal suppression is an effective tool for reducing high rates of self-citation, even years after a title is reintroduced. The post Does Journal Suppression Reduce Self-Citation? appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Revisiting an Interview with Paula Stephan — Economics, Science, and Doing BetterRevisiting Kent Anderson's 2012 interview with the author of "How Economics Shape Science". The post Revisiting an Interview with Paula Stephan — Economics, Science, and Doing Better appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- I’m Pretty Sure I Remember That — False Memories
Category Archives: Around the Library
What Is F1000Workspace? F1000Workspace is a platform to help biology and medical researchers discover and collect literature, manage references and prepare manuscripts, grant applications, posters, talks, etc. for submission. It consists of a web-based application, a browser extension, and a powerful plugin for … Continue reading
If you’re searching for ways to stay cool this summer, then look no further than the Health Sciences Library! Our Summer Class Series offers hot topics and cold ice cream so that you can keep learning and enjoy delicious treats at … Continue reading
After consultation with the Department of Surgery, the Library has decided to not renew the license for AccessSurgery online textbooks when the current agreement expires on June 30, 2017. Decreased usage and rising costs were the basis for this decision. However, some … Continue reading
Beginning this fall, the Health Sciences Library will add live performance venue to its list of services and resources. Scheduled throughout the year will be lunchtime performances provided by your fellow UVA students, staff, and faculty. It’s all in the … Continue reading
Today each medical student at UVA is assigned to one of four colleges within the School of Medicine: Dunglison College, Hunter College, Pinn College, and Reed College, but this system is a relatively new practice at UVA. Of the 123 students who … Continue reading
When: Monday April 10, 2017 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm Where: Health Sciences Library MILL (first floor) A luncheon buffet will be available, so please register if you plan to attend: http://cal.hsl.virginia.edu/event/3189481 The Health Sciences Library is hosting Introduction to Scholarly … Continue reading
A new web exhibit from Historical Collections is now available! The Anatomical Theatre at the University of Virginia Some of you might remember the physical display about UVA’s Anatomical Theatre which was in the library lobby last year. Now, an … Continue reading
LIVE BROADCAST THURSDAY MARCH 16, 2017 2:00 – 2:30 PM Issues surrounding healthcare – and the ways to improve it — are constantly in the news, more so now than in recent memory. With a changing political climate in Washington, … Continue reading