Recent MLN Posts
- Guided Meditation sessions begin again on 1/18 January 17, 2018
- PHS @ the Library closed on 1/15 January 11, 2018
- New E-Books for the New Year January 10, 2018
- Four eServices Computers Removed Based on Data Collection January 8, 2018
- Introducing the Theater! January 3, 2018
- Browzine: The Best Way to Keep Up With Your Professional Literature December 20, 2017
- PHS @ the Library holiday closings December 12, 2017
- CMHSL unveils new Dashboard & Analytics Page! December 1, 2017
- More Medical Journal Podcasts November 22, 2017
- An Interview with David Martin November 20, 2017
- Fixing Instead of Breaking, Part Three — Blockchain, RA21, Privacy, and TrustWe continue to battle the tidal wave of data with a bucket brigade of individual privacy settings. Maybe it's time to pause and consider a state-level solution, ala Estonia. The post Fixing Instead of Breaking, Part Three — Blockchain, RA21, Privacy, and Trust appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Open Access Technology OptionsOrganizations launching open access journals have many choices to make. What are their technology options? The post Open Access Technology Options appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Guest Post: Institutional Alignment: The University Press ReduxA conference at the British Library provides ample evidence of the breadth of the university press sector and the absolute necessity of a clear institutional mission. The post Guest Post: Institutional Alignment: The University Press Redux appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Fixing Instead of Breaking, Part Three — Blockchain, RA21, Privacy, and Trust
Category Archives: Around the Library
What Is F1000Workspace? F1000Workspace is a platform to help biology and medical researchers discover and collect literature, manage references and prepare manuscripts, grant applications, posters, talks, etc. for submission. It consists of a web-based application, a browser extension, and a powerful plugin for … Continue reading
If you’re searching for ways to stay cool this summer, then look no further than the Health Sciences Library! Our Summer Class Series offers hot topics and cold ice cream so that you can keep learning and enjoy delicious treats at … Continue reading
After consultation with the Department of Surgery, the Library has decided to not renew the license for AccessSurgery online textbooks when the current agreement expires on June 30, 2017. Decreased usage and rising costs were the basis for this decision. However, some … Continue reading
Beginning this fall, the Health Sciences Library will add live performance venue to its list of services and resources. Scheduled throughout the year will be lunchtime performances provided by your fellow UVA students, staff, and faculty. It’s all in the … Continue reading
Today each medical student at UVA is assigned to one of four colleges within the School of Medicine: Dunglison College, Hunter College, Pinn College, and Reed College, but this system is a relatively new practice at UVA. Of the 123 students who … Continue reading
When: Monday April 10, 2017 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm Where: Health Sciences Library MILL (first floor) A luncheon buffet will be available, so please register if you plan to attend: http://cal.hsl.virginia.edu/event/3189481 The Health Sciences Library is hosting Introduction to Scholarly … Continue reading
A new web exhibit from Historical Collections is now available! The Anatomical Theatre at the University of Virginia Some of you might remember the physical display about UVA’s Anatomical Theatre which was in the library lobby last year. Now, an … Continue reading
LIVE BROADCAST THURSDAY MARCH 16, 2017 2:00 – 2:30 PM Issues surrounding healthcare – and the ways to improve it — are constantly in the news, more so now than in recent memory. With a changing political climate in Washington, … Continue reading