Recent MLN Posts
- Guided Meditation @ CMHSL September 15, 2017
- UVA Libraries Digital Collecting Project September 11, 2017
- Data, Analysis, Visualization, and Computing Workshops! August 31, 2017
- New Exhibit: From DNA to Beer August 23, 2017
- An interview with Dan Wilson August 17, 2017
- Recent Acquisitions August 11, 2017
- Welcome from the Director August 9, 2017
- Lunchtime Yoga in the Library July 31, 2017
- Library Conference Room Available for Self-reservations July 28, 2017
- New Exhibit: Surviving and Thriving July 6, 2017
- Science, Publishing and Government Bills: Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR)Scholarly publishers are already doing to make government funded research as free as possible as soon as it is published. Why do we need a law to enact what is already taking shape? Robert Harington suggests it comes down to politics. The post Science, Publishing and Government Bills: Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR) appeared first
- Publishing the 23andMe Way, Part One: Building the DatabaseThe genetics testing copany 23andme presents an interesting example of a new kind of data publishing. The post Publishing the 23andMe Way, Part One: Building the Database appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Guest Post — When Metrics and Politics Collide: Reflections on Peer Review, the JIF and Our Current Political MomentSara Rouhi from Altmetric reflects on the biases of the "research industrial complex”. The post Guest Post — When Metrics and Politics Collide: Reflections on Peer Review, the JIF and Our Current Political Moment appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Science, Publishing and Government Bills: Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR)
Category Archives: Collaborations
Data experts from around the Health System were featured at November’s First Thursdays @ CMHSL. Check out the BioConnector page for links to UVa resources, training, and experts to support your biomedical data and informatics needs.
Through a partnership with UVA’s Public Health Sciences, free research assistance is available on a drop-in or scheduled basis every Tuesday and Thursday from 1pm to 4pm on the first floor of the Library. Click here for additional information.
Medical students spend years mastering a well-developed curriculum of medical facts, the physical exam, and clinical skills. And, since medicine is characterized by rapid turnover of critical information, it is essential that they learn the skills for identifying trusted information. … Continue reading
Librarians and library resources can have a positive impact on patient care management. According to a 2011 systematic review of clinical library services, 78% percent of studies revealed a significant and positive effect on patient care1. Librarians can also help … Continue reading
We are thrilled with our new partnership with the library and hope our collaborative efforts address needs of our colleagues across the health system for more information about basic statistics and introductory research questions. Research is a team science and … Continue reading
Health System nurses working on evidence-based projects have a new tool to assist them as they collaboratively evaluate journal articles. Thanks to the work of Kelly Near, the Library’s Nursing & Patients Liaison Librarian, and the Library’s team of Web … Continue reading
Part of the mission of the Health Sciences Library is to connect Health System affiliates with resources across Grounds to facilitate learning, research, and collaboration. One of those resources is the University of Virginia Alliance for Computational Science & Engineering … Continue reading
Part of the mission of the Library is connecting Health System affiliates with resources and expertise outside of the Library. On January 8th, Bart Ragon, Associate Director for Knowledge Integration, Research and Technology, and I sat down with three members … Continue reading
On Wednesday, November 7, Carol Rees Parrish MS, RD, Nutrition Support Specialist, Joe Krenitsky MS, RD, Nutrition Support Specialist, and Karen Knight MSLS, talked about their nutrition support training programs and the role of the Library. What is the UVA … Continue reading
It Takes More Than a Community: Helping to Build a UVA Patient Navigator Network in Southwest Virginia
Ann Duesing is the Library’s Southwest Virginia Outreach Librarian. She is based at the John Cook Wyllie Library at the University of Virginia’s College at Wise and plays a vital role in UVA’s outreach efforts to this part of Virginia. … Continue reading