Recent MLN Posts
- An interview with Dan Wilson August 17, 2017
- Recent Acquisitions August 11, 2017
- Welcome from the Director August 9, 2017
- Lunchtime Yoga in the Library July 31, 2017
- Library Conference Room Available for Self-reservations July 28, 2017
- New Exhibit: Surviving and Thriving July 6, 2017
- F1000 Workspace: A New Way Manage Literature References June 13, 2017
- The Summer of Classes & Ice Cream June 8, 2017
- AccessSurgery Not Being Renewed June 5, 2017
- CMHSL: A New Live Performance Venue May 24, 2017
- Hypnotically Animated Textbook CoversFinally something important an ebook can do! The post Hypnotically Animated Textbook Covers appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- MECA – A New Manuscript Exchange initiativeA new initiative has been launched to define best practices for simplifying transfer of submitted manuscripts across publishers and systems. The post MECA – A New Manuscript Exchange initiative appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Revisiting: Is Access to the Research Paper the Same Thing as Access to the Research “Results”?Is access to the research paper really the same thing as access to the research results themselves? What about patents on publicly funded research? Revisiting a 2013 post to re-examine these questions. The post Revisiting: Is Access to the Research Paper the Same Thing as Access to the Research “Results”? appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Hypnotically Animated Textbook Covers
Category Archives: Conversation Series
On January 18, 2017, the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library was saddened to learn about the death of Morton “M.C.” Wilhelm. Dr. Wilhelm was a professor emeritus at the University of Virginia and was renowned for his contributions to the … Continue reading
On November 6, 2013 I sat down with Jason Bennett, Web Designer Specialist at the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, to talk about his role in providing support for Adobe Photoshop software. What Photoshop support do you offer? I teach … Continue reading
Morton C. (M.C.) Wilhelm, M.D. is the Joseph Helms Farrow Professor Emeritus in Surgical Oncology at the University of Virginia School Of Medicine. He is an accomplished surgeon and has contributed to many publications, including A History of Cancer Care … Continue reading
Libra is the University of Virginia’s institutional repository. It’s a virtual place where members of the UVA community can deposit their scholarship in a permanent archive. Designed for open access, Libra can also be used to expose scholarship to researchers … Continue reading
Jonathan Lord, Head of Collection Development & Management, and David Moody, Webmaster, talk about the reason behind upcoming access changes to the Library’s online journals. The changes will come about on December 3rd when the Library switches over to the … Continue reading
Kelly Near, Hospital & Community Services Librarian, Jeremy Bartczak, Metadata Librarian, and Anson Parker, Application Developer form a major part of the Library’s Epic Team. They are constantly looking for opportunities to apply their skills and knowledge to enhance access … Continue reading