Recent MLN Posts
- Cancer: The Road Ahead February 14, 2017
- #ColorOurCollections February 8, 2017
- New Exhibit: Frankenstein and the Secrets of Nature February 3, 2017
- Remembering Dr. M.C. Wilhelm January 31, 2017
- HIT Fair Fun Next Week January 26, 2017
- Medical Journal Podcasts January 25, 2017
- Alzheimer’s Disease Film Available Now January 18, 2017
- Tilt Brush demo on Thursday, 1/19! January 17, 2017
- Fantastic Funding & where to find it January 3, 2017
- New E-Books from Safari December 29, 2016
- Ancient (1992) Piece of Science Humor DiscoveredOne from the vaults -- a well worn Xerox copy of the sort of humor scientists used to share back in the ancient days of the early 1990's. The post Ancient (1992) Piece of Science Humor Discovered appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Guest Post, Joshua Piker: Comparing Apples and Oranges, Floors and Ceilings in Digital ScholarshipOnline content v. traditional scholarly genres? Guest Joshua Piker walks us through a comparison of views and downloads, looking and reading. The post Guest Post, Joshua Piker: Comparing Apples and Oranges, Floors and Ceilings in Digital Scholarship appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Guest Post, Tony Sanfilippo: University Press Publishing Under an AutocracyOhio State University Press' Tony Sanfilippo weighs in on the role of academic publishers in the current political climate. The post Guest Post, Tony Sanfilippo: University Press Publishing Under an Autocracy appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Ancient (1992) Piece of Science Humor Discovered
Category Archives: Conversation Series
On January 18, 2017, the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library was saddened to learn about the death of Morton “M.C.” Wilhelm. Dr. Wilhelm was a professor emeritus at the University of Virginia and was renowned for his contributions to the … Continue reading
On November 6, 2013 I sat down with Jason Bennett, Web Designer Specialist at the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, to talk about his role in providing support for Adobe Photoshop software. What Photoshop support do you offer? I teach … Continue reading
Morton C. (M.C.) Wilhelm, M.D. is the Joseph Helms Farrow Professor Emeritus in Surgical Oncology at the University of Virginia School Of Medicine. He is an accomplished surgeon and has contributed to many publications, including A History of Cancer Care … Continue reading
Libra is the University of Virginia’s institutional repository. It’s a virtual place where members of the UVA community can deposit their scholarship in a permanent archive. Designed for open access, Libra can also be used to expose scholarship to researchers … Continue reading
Jonathan Lord, Head of Collection Development & Management, and David Moody, Webmaster, talk about the reason behind upcoming access changes to the Library’s online journals. The changes will come about on December 3rd when the Library switches over to the … Continue reading
Kelly Near, Hospital & Community Services Librarian, Jeremy Bartczak, Metadata Librarian, and Anson Parker, Application Developer form a major part of the Library’s Epic Team. They are constantly looking for opportunities to apply their skills and knowledge to enhance access … Continue reading