Search Moore Library News:
Gretchen Arnold has been the Director of the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library since 2007 and Interim Director 2005 – 2006. Ms Arnold came to the Library in 1986 and held various leadership roles in the Library. Prior to coming to the University of Virginia, Ms. Arnold worked in medical libraries at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutes and Virginia Commonwealth University.
Her academic interests include scholarly communications and the impact of new technologies on knowledge creation and dissemination. Her work at the University has been focused on forging and developing strong collaborations across the Health System and across grounds.
She believes that the library of the future will have a vital role in the mission of the institution. “There has never been a more exciting time to be a librarian”.
- Karen Falgore on MilliPub Club: Class of 2013
- Dan on Learning from Those Who Went Before Us: An Interview with M.C. Wilhelm, M.D.
- Joe Krenitsky on A Conversation About Upcoming Access Changes to Online Journals
- Kimberley on Thanks for Your Service: Adrienne Granitz Retires
- Ivan Login on Ellen Ramsey: Semester at Sea Librarian, Around the World Voyage, Spring 2013
Daily Archives: May 14, 2012
The university has implemented a new proxy method to provide off-grounds access to library resources. The new proxy server will not require a separate account or browser configurations, and will work on mobile devices. To access library resources from off-Grounds, … Continue reading