The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a leading publisher in the field of pediatrics. With titles covering all areas of health care for children, AAP publications are among the most respected and frequently referenced in the world. Throughout the last quarter-century, AAP publications have been impacting the practice and clinical application of pediatric medicine worldwide.
The Health Sciences Library has now licensed access to the AAP website, featuring the electronic versions of over 130 of its publications. AAP e-books can be searched, browsed, and read online by professionals looking for best practices when diagnosing, treating, and managing clinical conditions, as well as communicating with parents and patients, and addressing practice issues. Key features of the AAP site include:
- Access titles anywhere with an Internet connection, or download to your computer or mobile device to read offline.
- Several topic-based collections such as Adolescent Health, Infectious Diseases, Newborn and Perinatal Care, Nutrition and Obesity, Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics, and Primary Care.
- Search across the AAP e-book collection to quickly find titles and look up information.
- Annotate, highlight, bookmark, and print information for easy reference.
- Get complete reproductions of print titles, including images, figures, and tables with zoom and single page or 2-page spread views.
Links to all of the AAP e-books can be found in VIRGO, the online library catalog, or are available directly at this site: