The Health Sciences Library now has an Apple TV available for checkout for up to five days. Connect the Apple TV to an HDMI compatible HDTV, and you’ll be able to run, among other things, YouTube, Vimeo, Netflix (subscription required), listen to podcasts, and stream live radio. In addition, you’ll be able to display your iOS devices on your TV using Airplay.
Recent MLN Posts
- F1000 Workspace: A New Way Manage Literature References June 13, 2017
- The Summer of Classes & Ice Cream June 8, 2017
- AccessSurgery Not Being Renewed June 5, 2017
- CMHSL: A New Live Performance Venue May 24, 2017
- New Browser Extension to Access Free Articles April 12, 2017
- Transplant Interest Group, others, to sponsor organ donation events April 11, 2017
- The Four Colleges of the UVA School of Medicine April 7, 2017
- Publishing Workshop on April 10th March 28, 2017
- Anatomical Theatre Web Exhibit March 10, 2017
- Meet the Author of “Flatlining: How Healthcare Could Kill the U.S. Economy” March 8, 2017
- Beyond the Beyond: Can we Increase the Impact and Reach of Scholarly Research?In a “post-truth” world with declining faith in scientific progress, what is the publisher role in the clear communication and promotion of scholarly research? The post Beyond the Beyond: Can we Increase the Impact and Reach of Scholarly Research? appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Even Sci-Hub Has Management HeadachesAs Sci-Hub has grown up at the expense of publishers, it's worth considering what its next steps might be in order to understand what new challenges it will pose. The post Even Sci-Hub Has Management Headaches appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Managing Volunteers: An Overlooked SkillManaging volunteers in a critical and yet overlooked part of running a successful journal or program. Angela Cochran explores tips for getting the most out of volunteers and where we can find training to learn these skills. The post Managing Volunteers: An Overlooked Skill appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Beyond the Beyond: Can we Increase the Impact and Reach of Scholarly Research?