RefWorks is an online research management, writing, and collaboration tool. It is available for free to anyone affiliated with the University of Virginia. Click on the following URL to activate your account: https://www.refworks.com/refworks2/default.aspx?r=authentication::init&groupcode=RWUVirginia.
Write-N-Cite is a utility that allows you to run an abbreviated version of RefWorks in Word. Many of our patrons use Write-N-Cite to properly format citations, footnotes, and bibliographies. The latest version of Write-N-Cite (4) is now compatible with locally installed versions of Word 2013 and contains the following fixes to previous versions:
- Users were unable to continue writing papers after disconnecting from internet access
- OpenURL links not showing both in-text or within a bibliography
- Users received an “Unable to Connect” error when multiple proxies are deployed at an institution
- In some instances, the auto-sync folder feature was not syncing correctly
- Converting formatted papers with output styles that had superscripted in-text citations to styles that do not contain superscript no longer incorrectly retain superscripted in-text citations
- Incompletely defined output styles and output styles defined with numeric citations without citation ranges no longer produces the error “Object reference is not set to an instance of an object”
- Miscellaneous spacing issues when stylized text is defined in a style
Click on the following URL to see an FAQ on the latest version: http://www.refworks.com/refworks2/help/Write-N-Cite_4_FAQs.htm.
To schedule a consultation with a RefWorks specialist here in the library, click on the following URL: https://www.hsl.virginia.edu/consultation-request.