The Health Sciences Library has implemented the following changes to the CINAHL (Nursing and Allied Health) database to enhance your search experience:
- Your search history (list of searches you’ve performed) now displays automatically after you execute your first search. Previously, you had to click on Search History.
- You no longer have to clear the Subject Field before entering your next search term.
- The Suggest Subject Terms option is now the default when searching. After entering a keyword you’ll see CINAHL’s “Headings” for that concept. These Headings help you utilize CINAHL’s powerful indexing features, where articles with a similar concept are “tagged” under a CINAHL Heading.
- In the past, there has been some confusion about the use of Geographic Location in the section for refining your search. To improve clarity, we have renamed this option, Publication Location, as it limits your search to materials published in the selected country of origin.
- Need help with any of these enhancements, or anything about your CINAHL search? You can now get instant assistance from our team of nursing search specialists by using the CINAHL chat feature. This service is available from 8am to 6pm, Monday through Friday.
If you have any questions about these enhancements, please contact Inhye Son at email@example.com.