Dan Cavanaugh is our new Historical Collections Specialist. He is no stranger to the library’s Historical Collections unit having worked on several projects there as an assistant over the past year. Prior to coming to the library, Dan worked in the field of educational publishing and in several cultural institutions around Charlottesville and Philadelphia. He has also earned master’s degrees in history and library science from the University of Massachusetts and Drexel University respectively. In his new position, Dan is excited about pursuing new opportunities to grow, preserve, and share the rich historical collections of the Health Sciences Library.
Gretchen Arnold has been the Director of the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library since 2007 and Interim Director 2005 – 2006. Ms Arnold came to the Library in 1986 and held various leadership roles in the Library. Prior to coming to the University of Virginia, Ms. Arnold worked in medical libraries at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutes and Virginia Commonwealth University.
Her academic interests include scholarly communications and the impact of new technologies on knowledge creation and dissemination. Her work at the University has been focused on forging and developing strong collaborations across the Health System and across grounds.
She believes that the library of the future will have a vital role in the mission of the institution. “There has never been a more exciting time to be a librarian”.
- Aramian, Diane (Service Desk/ Stacks Maintenance)
- Arnold, Gretchen (Library Director)
- Barker, Kimberley (Digital Initiatives Librarian)
- Bowden, Emily (Historical Collections Specialist)
- Carter, Ann (Financial Assistant)
- Cavanaugh, Dan (Historical Collections Specialist)
- Davis, Jeri (Document Delivery Specialist)
- Denton, Andrea (Research & Data Services Manager)
- Denton, Dave (Information Technology Specialist)
- Duesing, Ann (Outreach Librarian)
- Fielding, Stephanie (Technology Consultant)
- Gray, Lloyd (Service Desk Assistant)
- Knight, Karen (Medical Education Librarian)
- Lord, Jonathan (Head of Collection Development & Management)
- Moody, David (IT Director)
- Nagraj, Pete (Research Data Specialist)
- Near, Kelly (Hospital & Community Services Librarian)
- Newman, Jim (Service Desk Assistant)
- Parker, Anson (Application Developer)
- Pearson, Janet (Historical Collections Assistant)
- Ragon, Bart (Assoc. Dir. for Knowledge Integration, Research, and Technology)
- Reitz, Peggy (Administrative Services Manager)
- Son, Inhye (Electronic Services & Research Librarian)
- Thomson, Danzing (Service Desk)
- Washington, Monica (Collection Services Technician)
- Wilson, Dan (Assoc. Dir. for Collections & Library Services)
- Wilson, Mike (Information Services Specialist)
- Witman, Lydia (Patient & Family Library Manager)