In December, the Health Sciences Library upgraded our MDConsult subscription to ClinicalKey. To increase the usefulness of ClinicalKey, create a personal account, and then try the features below for more effective searching:
1. Saved Searches – to save a search term, click the “Saved Searches” button/plus sign on the Search Results page.
2. Sharing/Printing – click the envelope icon to email articles, images, and book sections to your colleagues or patient care teams.
3. Filters – use to refine your search.
4. Time/Relevance – view results from the last 6 months, last 12 months, last 18 months, last 2 years or last 5 years. Results are sorted by relevance automatically.
5. Preview your results – the preview pane allows you to see the most relevant paragraphs from a piece of selected content before you click through. The exact content of the right panel will vary depending on the content type you have selected.
6. Reading List – drag results you want to read later to the box labeled “Reading List.”
7. Presentation Maker – Any image result can be dragged and dropped into the “Presentation” box. Saved images can be exported to PowerPoint slides.
If you have any questions regarding the transition from MDConsult to ClinicalKey you canreach a Library staff member at email@example.com, or by calling 924-5444.