Frank L. Lowther: Enlisted Man, Fledgling Archivist will be on display from June 18 to September 1 in the lobby of the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library. The exhibit features items from the library’s collections that were owned by Frank L. Lowther. Lowther was an enlisted man in the 8th Evacuation Hospital Unit, a UVA-sponsored unit that served in North Africa and Italy during World War II. Items in the exhibit, which include letters and uniforms, relate to Lowther’s time in the 8th Evac. You can learn more about the 8th Evac. and its personnel by visiting the library’s exhibit about the unit online.
Recent MLN Posts
- Anatomical Theatre Web Exhibit March 10, 2017
- Meet the Author of “Flatlining: How Healthcare Could Kill the U.S. Economy” March 8, 2017
- Projection Now Available in Detmer Room March 7, 2017
- Cancer: The Road Ahead February 14, 2017
- #ColorOurCollections February 8, 2017
- New Exhibit: Frankenstein and the Secrets of Nature February 3, 2017
- Remembering Dr. M.C. Wilhelm January 31, 2017
- HIT Fair Fun Next Week January 26, 2017
- Medical Journal Podcasts January 25, 2017
- Alzheimer’s Disease Film Available Now January 18, 2017
- Ebooks, Innovation, and the Rebel WithinIn every publishing organization you need a rebel. Robert Harington talks with Peter Krautzberger, project lead for MathJax and rebel, about his views on Web publishing, ebooks and mathematics. The post Ebooks, Innovation, and the Rebel Within appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Living with an AI: A Glimpse Into The FutureArtificial intelligence is now a commodity appliance. What are the implications for Scholarly Publishing? The post Living with an AI: A Glimpse Into The Future appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Platforms, Networks, and Information LiteracyIn the kind of digital community envisioned by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, information literacy skills ought not to be treated as an afterthought. The post Platforms, Networks, and Information Literacy appeared first on The Scholarly Kitchen.
- Ebooks, Innovation, and the Rebel Within