All faculty, staff, and students at UVA now have access to two new funding discovery tools, Pivot and GrantForward. These tools allow researchers to locate funding opportunities based on their individual research interests. Both Pivot and GrantForward allow researchers to create personalized searches and email alerts that target current and future funding opportunities.
Where to Get Help
The Office of the Vice President for Research, in partnership with the Health Sciences Library, has developed a series of workshops on funding discovery tools. The schedule for these workshops is as follows:
• January 10th, 10:00am – 11:00am, Health Sciences Library (registration: https://www.hsl.virginia.edu/node/38859)
• February 22nd, 10:00am – 11:00am, Health Sciences Library (registration: https://www.hsl.virginia.edu/node/38860)
• March 16th, 11:00am – 12:00pm, Health Sciences Library (registration: https://www.hsl.virginia.edu/node/38861)
• April 26th, 10:00am – 11:00am Health Sciences Library (registration: https://www.hsl.virginia.edu/node/38862)
• May 23rd, 10:00am – 11:00am, Health Sciences Library (registration: https://www.hsl.virginia.edu/node/38863)
Can’t make it to a workshop? Schedule a consultation with Becca Latimer (email@example.com) She will help you set up an account, and create a saved search that will send the most relevant funding opportunities to your email.
• The Health Sciences Library’s Funding Discovery page (https://www.hsl.virginia.edu/funding-discovery)
• The VPR Research Funding Opportunities webpage (http://www.virginia.edu/vpr/funding.html)
The VPR Office is very interested in hearing feedback on these tools – please feel free to email Becca Latimer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any feedback.